Not content with setting hard recruiting targets, private real estate manager BentallGreenOak is moving on to setting clarity around its gender parity aims. The New York-based manager announced last week it was committing to achieving gender parity by 2030. How will the firm do it? Working with the coalition Paradigm for Parity, its measures include:
- Eliminating or minimising unconscious bias in the workplace.
- Significantly increasing the number of women in senior operating roles, with the near-term goal of at least 30 percent representation in all leadership groups.
- Measuring targets and maintaining accountability by providing regular progress reports.
- Basing career progress on business results and performance, rather than physical presence in the office.
- Providing sponsors, not just mentors, to women well positioned for long-term success.
The announcement builds on the firm’s hardline recruitment target, set last year, which dictated two-thirds of all new hires at the $69 billion assets under management manager be women or from under-represented communities. You can read affiliate title PERE’s coverage of that measure here.